Moviesounds are add-ons for Armagetron Advanced that enhance your game experience.
What are Moviesounds?
Moviesounds, like moviepacks, are add-ons for Armagetron Advanced that enhance your game experience. They replace the default sounds in Armagetron (cyclrun.wav, expl.wav). Sometimes moviesounds are distributed with a moviepack. Here is a breakdown of currently supported add-on sounds:
- cycturn.wav - when a cycle turns.
- dietron.wav - when a cycle explodes (replaces expl.wav)
- engine.wav - the sound of your bike (replaces cyclrun.wav)
- intro.wav - plays when entering a game/server
- extro.wav - plays when leaving a game/server
Note: Audio files should be 44.1khz mono.
How do you use them?
Like moviepacks, add-on sounds go in a folder in your Armagetron directory called "moviesounds" (you need to create it and copy the files there). Armagetron automatically loads them when the game starts. Unlike moviepacks, you can't turn them on/off in game. To stop using them, remove them from the moviesounds directory (you can simply drag them to a backup folder if you like).
A discussion on moviesounds can be found here